POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's For You (WIP 88kb bu) : Re: It's For You (WIP 88kb bu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's For You (WIP 88kb bu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 13 Jan 2001 07:02:36
Message: <3a6043dc@news.povray.org>
"Dan Johnson" <zap### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> I finally replaced my P133 with 32mb in march of 2000 as a birthday
present to
> myself.  Now I have a PIII 733 + 256 MB of sdram at 133mhz and a 19 inch
monitor
> dolby digital surround sound speakers ect.  What is holding you back from
> upgrading?  I looked up the prices at a local retailer, and you could get
> 667mhz celeron, slot1 motherboard, socket converter, 64megs of sdram, and
a case
> for $302.50.

Well the thing that is holding me back is a lack of funds. I'm out of a job
in 3 weeks so have to try and hold some back as I don't know how long it
will take me to get another job. I'm also still paying off my student loans
and overdraft after graduating from uni 18 months ago, and a degree in
Mathematical Physics doesn't seem to be opening up many career options for
me, sigh.

Oh well, I'll get a nice new PC soon, I have promised myself. Probably the
worst thing is I'm still stuck with a blurry 14inch monitor, yes my computer
is that old, nearly 5 years now. If only I'd spent those student loans on
something more sensible than alcohol, at least I had fun though ;-)

Kev

http://web.libertysurf.co.uk/kevin.ellis/