POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Louvre01 (New View) : Re: Louvre01 (New View) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Louvre01 (New View)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 11 Jan 2001 15:20:26
Message: <3a5e158a@news.povray.org>
Robert J Becraft schrieb in Nachricht <3a5e022c$1@news.povray.org>...
>The trees are flat.  They are imagemaps.  Still working on that part.

They look good from the front. Imagemaps? Hm, don't know, but couldn't you
add another plane perpendicular to the light-direction and use Megapov's
"no_image" to it? Not the best solution, but the shadows would look more
convincing.

>Do you have any  textures to donate that would obtain the desired dirt you
>reference?

I'm not at all good with these things, but I would start with a turbulated
"gradient y"-pigment, with some filtered green and brown at the "botom" and
a totaly clear pigment at the top. That will probably look not that good, so
a gradient texture_map could help. Sorry that I can't help more. I'm still
struggeling with the "used-look" myself.
The color variation in the bricks is allready very good IMO.

Marc-Hendrik