POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Drunken Bricks 55kbu : Re: Drunken Bricks 55kbu Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drunken Bricks 55kbu
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 8 Jan 2001 07:58:21
Message: <3a59b96c@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte <rem### [at] onwijscom> wrote:

> Cool! I've been working with bricks for a tower too lately, but never got such
> an interesting effect.
> BTW My problem is to get the bricks to 'fit' (i.e. the shape adapted to the
> curves) and to get rounded bricks (I can't remember where I got that idea).
> I'm glad to say I got it working, just to bad the result is boring (apparently
> it works).

I've got a stone wall macro that can do curcular towers and such, and can
even do bricks.  It uses isosurfaces, so it's a little slow, but the effect
is really nice.  I'm hoping to release it to the public as soon as I write
some docs, but if someone wants a look-see at a pre-release version, I could
see about doing that.

Geoff