POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : slope-dependent pattern : Re: slope-dependent pattern Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: slope-dependent pattern
From: Tony[B]
Date: 4 Jan 2001 22:14:02
Message: <3a553bfa@news.povray.org>
> Does anybody use the advanced features of MegaPov's slope-dependent
pattern?

To be quite frank with you, I haven't really gotten into them because they
are very confusing to me, and I've not had good results with them in my
work. I would really like it if I could use "slope <vector> <vector>", and
have it work as advertised, but I have not had much success with this.

> Therefore, I'm thinking about removing them from future versions of
MegaPov
> (and probably POV 3.5, also) and keeping only the simple form of slope (
> "slope <vector>" ), but I didn't want to do that if enough people thought
> they were very useful.

Go right ahead... but like I said, the second form would be nice if it
worked for me. I had some strange problems with it I'm not sure I can
replicate, but they were there nonetheless.