POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Linear graduations for colour_maps? : Re: Linear graduations for colour_maps? Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linear graduations for colour_maps?
From: Alan Holding
Date: 3 Jan 2001 16:54:07
Message: <3a539f7f@news.povray.org>
Tony[B] <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote in message
> If you want things to be spliney, look in the docs for
> "wave types", and you'll find cubic_wave, sine_wave
> and such.

Weeell...

Had a go, but the only one which came close was a scaled up poly_wave (see
attached).  I don't think there's a way round this because, as stated in the
help file, 'Although any of these wave types can be used for pigments,
normals, textures, or density the effect of many of the wave types are not
as noticeable on pigments, textures, or density as they are for normals.'

Ah, phooey!

Bye,
Alan.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sine_wave.jpg' (4 KB) Download 'poly_wave2.jpg' (5 KB) Download 'scallop_wave.jpg' (9 KB) Download 'cubic_wave.jpg' (6 KB)

Preview of image 'sine_wave.jpg'
sine_wave.jpg

Preview of image 'poly_wave2.jpg'
poly_wave2.jpg