POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "grass_map" (~178kau) : Re: "grass_map" (~178kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "grass_map" (~178kau)
From: Rune
Date: 2 Jan 2001 08:04:52
Message: <3a51d1f4@news.povray.org>
The first thing I think of when I see this image is that it is very nice!

But there's also something that seems wrong with those hills.

I think the problem is that hills of soil are more smooth than the hills in
this image I think, and you usually don't see hills of soil have as steep
slopes as the hills have some places in this image.

Cliffs on the other hand are more jaggy and less smooth than the hills in
this picture, and grass doesn't grow on them.

It may be difficult to make, but I suggest you make the hills rocky, jaggy
and "grassless" on the steep areas and on the less steep areas make them
like now, but more smooth. I also think the soil should be darker.

Another thing that looks strange is the grass going all the way down to the
water.

Anyway, overall a nice image. I look forward to see the progress!

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated December 17)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org