POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Swinging House (430kb) : Re: Swinging House (430kb) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swinging House (430kb)
From: Nikumaru
Date: 1 Jan 2001 09:00:44
Message: <3a508d8c@news.povray.org>
> Looks like a shear macro controlled with sin() and/or cos() functions,
> with the effect of the trig functions decreasing over time.

 The macro rotates an object once and transforms it using scale keyword and
rotate it again.
 I had to solve some equations made from rotation and transformation
matrixes to find rotation angles and scale values, because I didn't know the
matrix keyword in POV-Ray until right now.  : (

> > Watching this made me want to see an animation of a desert scene with
lots
> > of dancing cacti, each with a slightly differing 'dance'.
>
> Why a desert scene? Why not sunflowers, or an orchard, or a bunch of
> oranges spilled on the floor, or a patch of mushrooms...?
> Or a pasture full of cows...

 Anyway, I made a dancing cacti animation and posted it.
 Please enjoy it.

Nikumaru