POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fill any object with dense-packed spheres of any radius (16kbbu) : Re: Fill any object with dense-packed spheres of any radius (16kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fill any object with dense-packed spheres of any radius (16kbbu)
From: ian mcdonald
Date: 31 Dec 2000 08:51:31
Message: <3a4f39e3$1@news.povray.org>
I'd been trying to do something similar, which I gave up on.
My version was to imitate the pov-ray rendering icon, where any space is
filled with X-point touching randomly scaled and translated spheres of
random texture having no intersections.

I never got it to work. I never came close. I don't even know where to start
beyond needing an intersection testing algorhythm.

ian

Greg M. Johnson <"gregj;-)56590\""@aol.c;-)om> wrote in message