POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds (~14kau) : Re: Better Clouds (~42kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Better Clouds (~42kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 28 Dec 2000 15:10:35
Message: <3a4b9e3b@news.povray.org>
> That's for sure! I've yet to achieve such results...

<big grin> <proud look at my clouds>

> Actually these shadows seem to be too dark, but this is probably result
> from one light source.

I have 2 light_sources, actually, coming from the same spot, one has an
intensity of 1.3, and affects the media (media_attenuation on,
media_interaction on), the other has an intensity of 0.45 and does not
affect the media (media_attenuation off, media_interaction off).

> And now when I think about it, it seems to me, like this scene setup
> (camera in such high position) makes it somewhat unrealistic.

As I said before, I only moved it up that high to see if there were any
shadows or not. This is not mean to be a scene, or to develop into anything.
This was only done to make clouds. I will now copy-paste them into other
scenes, and adapt them as needed.

> Too bad that rendering time is so big, as it does not
> allow to experiment very much...

True, but I'm patient, and have other things to do besides sittig here and
waiting for it to render. :)