POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds (~14kau) : Re: Better Clouds (~42kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Better Clouds (~42kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 27 Dec 2000 15:54:57
Message: <3a4a5721@news.povray.org>
> Had the same problem, so while walking to the groceries I looked up a lot.
> Tony, it is as if your picture is blurred. Although clouds should look
> 'fluffy' their boundaries are quite sharp. Maybe a steeper gradient near
> the edges of the pattern will make them 'sharper'.

I can do that. I'll adjust this and re-render... but mind you: there are
"generic" realistic clouds, and there are "real" realistic clouds. The first
ones are what we would identify in a render as "realistic", and the second
ones are the ones we might happen to see in real life, and complain about
how "fake" they look. :)

> >But for artistical pictures, which do not aim for photorealism, these
> >clouds could be very useful.
>
> Agreed.

Cool. :)