POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : windows editor with MegaPov : Re: windows editor with MegaPov Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: windows editor with MegaPov
From: Tom Melly
Date: 21 Dec 2000 07:43:13
Message: <3a41fae1@news.povray.org>
news:3a41f67b@news.povray.org...
>   I think that it would be nice to have two PPS values, one for the whole
> image and another for the last pixel calculated.

Right now, I couldn't agree more. I'm rendering for the IRTC. and am very
unsure as to whether it will finish on time. 17h so far and 12% rendered,
but with different types of objects and media in the image, I can't be
confident that the speed is constant.

BTW I don't know what I've done that is making such demands - multiple
patches and scattering media are slow, but not normally that slow. And this
is on my brand new P3 733 at work.