POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k) : Re: Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k)
From: Alf Peake
Date: 20 Dec 2000 19:52:08
Message: <3a415438@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
> Maybe you remember this from loooong ago... :)
>
> This is just the white molded plastic piece. Obviously the windows,
> lights, etc have not been added yet. The chassis has a ways to go, I
> have the wheels & gear trains modelled and the metal plate the cab
goes
> on, but I need to model the railings and the motor casings, which
are
> rather complex.

Nice project, looks promising.

But be warned: You'll never know at what level the detail should go
to. My train (tram) from fullsize blueprints took over 3 years to get
to the current stage and I have still to improve internal details
below around 4"/8cm for the internal shots (follow the train link on
my Freeserve frontpage).

Hope I get to see your finished pic.

--
Alf