POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Rotate around central axis : Re: Rotate around central axis Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:54:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotate around central axis
From: Philippe-H Cadet
Date: 19 Dec 2000 20:35:46
Message: <3a400cf2$1@news.povray.org>
> Or if you are simple minded like me
>
> create or translate the object at <0,0,0>
> rotate it
> translate it wherever you need it to go.

Thanks. But maybe there is something I'm missing here.
I tried you solution. When I do create an object at  a n y  place in the 3D
world and then translate it to <0,0,0>, the object should remain at the same
place. It will not be translated to the global center. For sure, if I do a
rotate it will still be rotated  around  the global axis.

Ex:
#declare testbox = object
{
        box
        {
                <-.5+2, -.5+2, -2+2> < .5+2,  .5+2,  2+2>
                pigment { red 0.9 green 0.7 blue 0.7 }
                translate <0,0,0>
        }
}

object{testbox}

By the way, I tried creating objects at <0,0,0> it seems that it is not
precise for the further  transformations. It is really hard to determine the
exact middle of a union object from my point of view.
Hum. I'm not done yet with that problem.