POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scatter (103k) : Re: Scatter (103k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scatter (103k)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 18 Dec 2000 22:14:55
Message: <3a3ed2af@news.povray.org>
Hey, thanks, that helped a lot. You certainly know your stuff...

So, I've figured out how to use trace () to 'drop' my objects onto my hf
etc... but at present they are all vertical. I'd really like to get them to
be perpendicular to the object they've landed on.. I take it I need to use
the data that  trace () returned to give me the surface normal, and then
rotate each object to match... at present I am very unclear how to do this,
but I realise it's bad practise to ask here before I've really tried to
achieve this myself , so I'll go away now and try to fathom it out.

Of course, there's no sense me trying to re-invent the wheel, so any
suggestions would be gratefully received.

All the best,

Andy Cocker