POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scatter (103k) : Re: Scatter (103k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scatter (103k)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 17 Dec 2000 20:51:18
Message: <3a3d6d96@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
> "Andy Cocker" <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote in message
> > "Scatter"
>
>     I like the way your very interesting clouds add to the whimsy of the
> composition. I will have to sit right down and try to duplicate them.

They weren't originally intended to resemble clouds, as the blue used to be
orange, but they did end up looking quite like cloud banks, made to look
quite strange by the fact that they're on a box :-)

All they are is a gradient y color_map going from blue to white, with a
little turbulence.. 0.3 I think.

I'm a little disappointed that I forgot to take into account the extra
radius of the torus shapes, so instead of sitting atop the 'landscape', they
are slightly sunk into it.

I'm going to look into eval_pigment () now,

Andy