POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sweet Naive Christmas Image : Re: Sweet Naive Christmas Image Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sweet Naive Christmas Image
From: Rune
Date: 17 Dec 2000 14:22:42
Message: <3a3d1282@news.povray.org>
Thank you all for your comments!

I must confess that I didn't entirely make up this image on my own. It is
based on a handdrawn illustration by professional illustrator Lilian

decided to recreate it as a 3D image.

It was still a lot of work though and of course my version is a bit
different from the original. I can't find the original anywhere on the net,
so I'm not able to direct you to it...

The style is not realistic, not abstract, and not really toonish either, but
merely "childish"; as a child would draw (although in 3D). That's also the
reason for the way the smoke looks.

I have updated my website with a version of this image in a higher
resolution and with a few things in the image improved. Source code is also
available for those interested.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org