POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D clouds in reflective sphere [~71K Jpg] : Re: 3D clouds in reflective sphere [~71K Jpg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D clouds in reflective sphere [~71K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 17 Dec 2000 12:07:39
Message: <3a3cf2db@news.povray.org>
If I could cross my eyes I'd have a look myself, but I can't.

I neglected to mention how this was done.  I moved the sphere along with the
camera since it was impossible to have the sphere show up in the scene the way
it was added.  It's 6 units wide and 10 units away, while the clouds are
centered on 1000 and 2000 units y.  Camera/sphere shifted -7.5 and +7.5 for
each, with look_at being parallel.
That might account for how it looks.

While I'm at it I might as well tell how long it took to render each one.
About one hour (I changed the media settings a little between) on this PIII
500MHz with 256MB.  The media could be made to look better but I was opting for
speed.

Bob H.