POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motion-blur for glows ??? - Icosaedron : Re: Motion-blur for glows ??? - Icosaedron Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion-blur for glows ??? - Icosaedron
From: Scott Hill
Date: 17 Dec 2000 04:52:37
Message: <3a3c8ce5$2@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message

...maybe
> glows should be an object attribute instead, specifying a glow for an
> object would make that object glow. However...
> ...specifying a glow in a union would make the objects in the union
> glow...maybe something like a "glow_group" object would help instead.

    I've never actually even looked at the POV source and have no idea how
the glow patch works, so I'm not saying you're wrong, but, why ? If I do :

union {
 sphere { -x, 1 pigment { color rgb 1 } }
 sphere { x, 1 }
 pigment { color red 1 }
}

    I get one red sphere and one white sphere, not two red ones. So,
couldn't you, therefore, implement it so that you could do something like:

union {
 sphere { -x, 1 pigment { color rgb 1 } glow }
 sphere { x, 1 }
 pigment { color red 1 }
}

to give one, glowing, white sphere and one, not glowing, red sphere ?

--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*