POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : media fire : Re: media fire Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media fire
From: Rune
Date: 16 Dec 2000 16:47:01
Message: <3a3be2d5@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> if you have a patterned and colored density instead of a
> grayscale one, you will need to specify multiple media
> statements with different density colors instead of
> putting both emitting and absorbing in one.

Why is this so bad? It takes up a bit more text, but using the method I've
described in povray.advanced-users it's very easy to control.

I haven't tried emission method 2. Can it do thick black media and other
dark colors?
I assume not, since it's emission after all? Anyway, the method I've
described can be used easily to make both light and dark colors. There's the
usual rgb vector *plus* a value that controls opacity.

> This is even worse than the case you showed, with a
> grayscale density. Of course, using separate media
> statements *is* more powerful, just harder to do what
> is usually wanted...

A bit more inconvenient, but not really harder... :)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org