POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu) : Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 12 Dec 2000 10:52:35
Message: <3a3649c3@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote in message <3A364505.1A11CAEB@gmx.de>...
> > no, they aren't simple, only twister is simply
> > is this simple to calculate x from (A*x-B)(cosx-sinx)=C ?
>
> That wasn't my point, i just meant that it would be better to enter the
> function in a common way like an isosurface function than to hardcode it
> and introduce a new keyword for each new function.  If it's not possible
> to use warps, you maybe should consider using the isosurface function
> parser as i first suggested.

my aim was give user-friendly interface deformations available
as isosurfeces to non math-users
if I back to function declaration than I return to begining
sometimes simple things are hardly to achive - equation above
simplest form achived for twist over spindle
(http://www.abx.art.pl/pov/nonlinear/zakrecony.jpg)
you don't like names for types of deformation ?
what about pigments - first was many types (with fast engine)
and than suppport for functions as pigment
perhaps I use the same way of evolution :-)

> Well, it's a bit too much for a tuesday afternoon :-) but anyway it seems
> to be a function for whole space although it's constant in one or two
> directions.

what about spline looped ?

ABX