POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu) : Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu) Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: preview of deform patch (53 kbu)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 11 Dec 2000 14:00:55
Message: <3a352467$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote in message <3A351D86.BF6A26FD@gmx.de>...
> I think it would be useful to allow to use functions or pigments for
> deformation.

I didn't plan such usage but maybe ...

> Don't know if that's easy to implement, but better than a
> whole lot of independent types with new keywords IMO.

I think deform, accuracy and contained_by is easy to understand
normal_accuracy and normal_weighted are optional and in the truth
I don't think that this has large meaning for output
to describe spline I want use syntax of spline
to describe patch I want use syntax of patch
I try to not annoying with new keywords
current are wrong ? please tell me

> It would be interesting to have some info about speed although it's
> probably not that slow with a simple 'turn'.

I tell you when finish code
Good comparision will be with speed of isosurface with the same equation of
deformed coordinates

ABX