POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Height Field in Mega 0.6a odd? : Re: Height Field in Mega 0.6a odd? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field in Mega 0.6a odd?
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 10 Dec 2000 20:09:57
Message: <3a342965@news.povray.org>
I found the problem.  The issue wasn't the HF but rather the normal within
the HF that was causing the strange difference.  I read the megapov docs and
found that the normal doesn't behave the same way, so I used the "#version
official 3.1" at the very end of the povray file.  Now the HF looks as I
expect it to and the other features (glow lights, etcetera) are there as
well.  When all else fails read the docs!