POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : More whining about povray source code... : Re: More whining about povray source code... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More whining about povray source code...
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Dec 2000 10:57:44
Message: <3a33a7f8$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3a335eb3@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   If a header file defines a function/macro that needs another function/macro
> in another header file, it could be expected that this header file would
> properly include that another header file.

Without precompiled headers or similar compiler features, it would then take
much, much longer to compile POV-Ray.

Further, it would again cause many, many problems of name scope (remember,
this is not C++!).  frame.h defines a lot of internal macros with rather
generic names (I don't defend this, it is just the way it is until the
rewrite), so if a platform specific file needs some core include file but
not frame.h or another related include file, or needs them in a particular
order, you can have numerous name collisions!

    Thorsten