POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Current attic : Re: Current attic Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Current attic
From: Warp
Date: 10 Dec 2000 09:49:04
Message: <3a3397e0@news.povray.org>
: BTW why didn't you post it in plain jpg?

  Completely honest answer:

  I had a little fight with Ken about whether posting in a format not supported
by every platform is OK or not. My opinion was that it would be polite to
post your files in a format supported by most platforms.
  I packed the image with bzip2 (which doesn't seem to be very popular in
the Windows platform since it seems that WinZip nor other popular packer
programs support it, although bzip2 is quite popular in Unix systems) to
make it harder for Windows-users to open it. My intention was to show that
using a format not directly supported by most platforms only causes trouble
to people.

  I agree that it may have been a bit childish "attack". I'm sorry.