POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Penultimate 'Beach' Pic (50.2kb bu) : Re: Penultimate 'Beach' Pic (50.2kb bu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Penultimate 'Beach' Pic (50.2kb bu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 8 Dec 2000 22:26:44
Message: <3a31a674@news.povray.org>
"Pete" <Pet### [at] nymaliasnet> wrote in message
news:278### [at] nymaliasnet...
>         Those things sticking in the sand make the picture
> very cool.  They add a subtle bit if strangeness, in a very
> cool way ... like Gilles Trans does in many of his renders.

Me...& .Gilles in the same post. I am truly honured. I would just like to
say one (of many) things that looking at Gilles' images has taught me, and
that is 'sublety'. Be it normals, pigemnt, or strength of isoi's, sublety is
something that holds the key to a well presented image.

>         What are those things anyway?  They look like they
> have (refracting) lenses in them.

I'm not sure what they are but the final ones will have a bit of dispersion
thrown in for good measure.Please present your own view :)

Kwv