POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Magical Library (70kbu) : Re: Magical Library (70kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magical Library (70kbu)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 8 Dec 2000 11:03:04
Message: <3a310638@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:

> Gail Shaw wrote:

>> I've been tweaking this on and off for a couple of months now,
>> so unless there are massive comments I think it's done.

> Very cool, so cool I'll pick it apart with suggestions:

> 1) Wood looks a little bit too new and the furniture a bit too fragile,
> like something you'd see on sale at Office Depot.
> 2) More books: empty shelves--is it a new magician or what?
> 3) More contrast between books--make them big tomes.
> 4) I don't like the edges of the rock structures.
> 5) Misty ground is cool, but shouldn't there be some way to get in &
> out?

Add to that,

6) Views through windows look flat, like a painting, as opposed to a 'view',
especially that on the right wall.  This is probably due to the angles
involved between the window and the mountain within it.
7) Something about the triangular windows bugs me.  Perhaps it's their
constant color, or something.  Also, the little white spot (moon?) in the
triangle above the back window looks more like an error than anything.
Remove it?

Geoff

Geoff