POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Guidelines : Re: Guidelines Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:30:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guidelines
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 8 Dec 2000 00:12:19
Message: <3a306db3@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote :

> Saying don't make it so, pal.

    Saying it is not without giving reasons that actually apply to the
formation of a standard in an industry doesn't make it so either, what's
your point. There have been many reasons posted here as to why Windows can
be considered a standard, wide range of use, large number of programs
written for it while other OS's scramble to make their system play the
Windows programs, ease of use to newcomers and powerful use of new
technology.

    Sure all the other OS's have one or two of the many reasons, but Windows
has them all. And sure Windows has some problems and each of the other OS's
have some of those problems as well as different problems of their own.

    "I don't like Windows", no matter how often repeated doesn't mean
something is not a standard. I don't like 10/32 threaded pan head slot
screws, but they are a standard for hanging ceiling fans. I don't like wire
sized screws at all, but they are a standard.