POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : preserving aspect ratio for VCD : Re: preserving aspect ratio for VCD Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:53:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: preserving aspect ratio for VCD
From: Scott Moore
Date: 17 Dec 2002 06:30:33
Message: <3a2uvu8s27e9c6g05okgbjsr1k5s97llor@4ax.com>
>I have an animation done 720x272 and I would like to keep this aspect ratio
>when converting to VCD. So far I have found no way to do that. I have heard
>that it can be done. Any suggestions?

Hi Dennis,

I already posted a reply but cancelled it as it was not correct
(hadn't woken up properly 8o) - here's my second attempt!

Basically, TMPGEnc should do what you want (www.tmpgenc.net). Using
the default VCD template you'll get a centered image with black bars
above and below to pad the frame out to VCD resoultion.

Cheers,

Scott