POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Guidelines : Re: Guidelines Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guidelines
From: Warp
Date: 7 Dec 2000 14:13:29
Message: <3a2fe159@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
: I have no problem with html posts what so ever. I have a reasonably
: fast internet connection and I use modern software that is html
: compliant.

  Your problem is that you think that html compliance is a measurement
of an advanced news reader. However, you are using a very limited news
reader, which happens to know html, and you think that it's very advanced
because of that.
  However, those who are using really advanced news readers would have to
degrade their software if they started using the same browsers you are using.
They wouldn't be able to use all the advanced features they are using right
now only because they had to use a limited html browser to read the news.
  So what you call "modern software" would actually be a huge step backwards
in news reading.
  Granted, you'll get graphical html support, but you will also lose lots
of advanced and efficient features found in good news readers.