POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Guidelines : Re: Guidelines Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guidelines
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 7 Dec 2000 07:24:54
Message: <3a2f8196$1@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote :

> Not at all. I simply refuse to accept Windows as a standard, de facto or
> otherwise. It's simply not nearly good enough

    Whatever technical problems you have with Windows does not affect its
suitability as a standard. I mean, look at the English measuring system.
It's a Standard, even though it is being replaced. Then lets look at the
problems with the two main TV standards, each as bad as the other.

    Windows is the standard, evidenced by the way Mac tried for so long to
supplant it but then finally became Windows compatible, not to mention Linux
windowing systems...