POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POV-Man sky_sphere problem : Re: POV-Man sky_sphere problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Man sky_sphere problem
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 6 Dec 2000 01:29:54
Message: <3a2ddce2$1@news.povray.org>
Vahur Krouverk wrote in message <3A2C8EFE.8619FB3F@aetec.ee>...
>P.S. Mark, out of curiosity, what was the reason to try anisotropic
>shader with sky_sphere? Was it attempt to break things or attempt to
>perform something nice? Sky sphere is not usual object and its shading
>calculation lacks number of parameters (most notably normal of surface),
>which are needed for anisotropic shader.

Originally, I was applying a "clouds" shader to the sky_sphere, but after
POV-Man crashed when using it, I tried a few other shaders to see if the
problem was with the specific shader, or with POV-Man, and the anisotropic
shader just happened to be the last one I tested.

--
Mark

"The derivative of sin(2x) is cos(2x)"  - Matt Giwer
"I never said that" - Matt Giwer