POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : And my Earth, day/night :-) [~403K Mpg] : Re: And my Earth, day/night :-) [~403K Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And my Earth, day/night :-) [~403K Mpg]
From: Spock
Date: 5 Dec 2000 07:25:22
Message: <3a2cdeb2$1@news.povray.org>
Another winner.

I notice a tendency for folks to model both the earth and the terminator
line as vertical.  While it is an accurate representation twice a year
(spring and fall equinox?) I think it might be more interesting to look at
the earth in mid-summer.  Try tipping the earth's main axis by 23 degrees or
so (hope I got that angle right) to illustrate things like why the sun
doesn't set above the arctic circle in the summer.  Just a thought.

Nice movie.

"Bob H."
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:%20&body=Relating%20to%20POV-Ray:>