POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: Motion Blur [NOTE : Followup-To: set to p.unofficial.patches!] : Re: Motion Blur [NOTE : Followup-To: set to p.unofficial.patches!] Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Blur [NOTE : Followup-To: set to p.unofficial.patches!]
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 4 Dec 2000 23:44:52
Message: <3a2c72c4@news.povray.org>
"Scott Hill" <sco### [at] innocentcom> wrote...

>     I thought an improved implementation might be on the cards at some
> point - which was why I went on to give my opinion of what is wrong with
> MegaPOVs implementation - as a programmer myself, I feel that such public
> and open scrutinization and discussion of an applications feature set,
> limitations and bugs can only benefit future developments of the
> application - after all who's in a better position to assess software than
> the users of the said software ?

I agree.  My response was based on the issue that sometimes users are under
the impression that their suggestions will immediately become features.
This, unfortunately, is usually not possible.  I realize that you understand
the difficulty and therefore have a realistic view of the situation, so I
appreciate the discussion and suggestions.

In light of that, I wanted to let all the other users know why the
implementation will stay the way it is, despite the fact that I agree with
you that it could be improved.

-Nathan