POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth and other planets, Callisto.png : Re: Earth and other planets, Callisto.png Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth and other planets, Callisto.png
From: Jon Berndt
Date: 4 Dec 2000 15:08:52
Message: <3a2bf9d4@news.povray.org>
It's a term that means: My father's brother. However, it is also used (in
the U.S.) as a means of raising the white flag, or saying "I give up!".
Seeing that I posted a couple of initial pics (and appear to have
unwittingly beat you to the task), then you came back with all the planets
(except Mercury) PLUS some of the moons, I clearly see I have been "beaten".
So, I said "Uncle".

I figured it would be cryptic to some, but I went ahead, anyhow. It was a
good-natured little joke.

Cheers

P.S.  I am now off to make my moon-orbiting earth plus moon meteor impact
animation. Fair warning.  ;-)  ;-)