POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is this a bug or is it me? : Re: Is this a bug or is it me? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug or is it me?
From: Doug Moses
Date: 3 Dec 2000 23:57:03
Message: <3a2b241f@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the quick response. I changed the code as you suggested and it
works great. The only thing is it is now just a granite plane. I was trying
to get a distant starfield image. I guess this is not the technique to use
for this effect. I also found out that the -5000 and 5000 numbers were the
key to this strange effect. When these numbers are low it is a uniform
pattern. When they are large this is when you get the distinct boundary
changes. I guess it is too far for the formula to work correctly.

Thanks for all of you help!
Doug

news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...