POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Radiometer trial run [~16K Mpg] : Radiometer trial run [~16K Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Radiometer trial run [~16K Mpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 3 Dec 2000 19:46:28
Message: <3a2ae964@news.povray.org>
Trying to copy a radiometer I have on my desk (only the radiometer!).  I used a
parallel light source.  All (camera, light, objects) inside a box.  The box has
a shadow which I hadn't expected.
Anyway, here's a small animation of it floating in mid-air for now.  I messed
up on the cyclic looping, sorry.
Just by chance I found another mpg 3D rendering of one of these things at:
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/light-mill.html
I was looking to see if there were a photograph of the kind I have.
Reflective/absorbing vanes such as that other one has would be a good idea but
it already took 4 hours to render these little 11 frames as it was and I want
to make it larger.

Bob H.
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm