POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And even more shrubs : Re: And even more shrubs Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And even more shrubs
From: =Bob=
Date: 3 Dec 2000 09:50:37
Message: <3a2a5dbd@news.povray.org>
Hi Remco,

Thanks, I agree too that you would use these carefully
in a scene, and certainly no reason to build a background
from them, just not worth it there. These would be for a
foreground or macro environment.

There are quite a number of variables to control the shape,
size, leaf shape, colors, leaf and branch probability, upward
force to sky, number of starting stems, tightness of grouping,
maximum child branch level, leaf starting region and level,
branch radius, radius percentage at the end of a branch,
number of segments to use in creating branches, percentages
for child branch segment size and quantity, X/Y/Z angle of change
per segment, branch division, etc. It should be able to make
quite a variety of shrubs. Hopefully, I'll have a preliminary .INC
ready next week for review.

Thanks for your input, have a great day!
=Bob=

"Remco de Korte" <rem### [at] onwijscom> wrote in message
: Looks great and obviously it's very fast but you wouldn't want to have
many of
: these in a scene. What are the possibilities to tweak the bush?
: Remco

[My previous post deleted]