POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GlowString.jpg (26Kbu) : GlowString.jpg (26Kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  GlowString.jpg (26Kbu)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 3 Dec 2000 07:13:32
Message: <3a2a38ec@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I just wrote my first macro, and although it's probably incredibly simple to
most of you, I'm still quite pleased.

The macro simply places a number of glows equally spaced between two points.
It would be improved if the glowstring could be made 'slack', so that it
dropped in the middle as though affected by gravity, but I have absolutely
no idea how to do something like that.

Anyway, I've posted my little macro in p.t.s.f, called GlowSting Macro. If
anyone wants to improve it, I'd be interested in seeing what changes you
make. For example, is there a better way of doing it than using a #while()
loop?

Ok, here's a pic I made using the macro:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'GlowString.jpg' (27 KB)

Preview of image 'GlowString.jpg'