POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Spline bug: floats converted to vectors : Spline bug: floats converted to vectors Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Spline bug: floats converted to vectors
From: Rune
Date: 2 Dec 2000 18:47:16
Message: <3a298a04@news.povray.org>
This is about the spline type by Wolfgang Ortmann. (Splines with variables.)

The documentation says that it can handle both vectors and floats, but
whenever I use floats they are converted to vectors, as the code below
shows.

#version unofficial MegaPov 0.6;
#declare MySpline = spline {cubic_spline
   0.0, 0.2,
   0.5, 0.3,
   1.0, 0.1,
}
#debug str(MySpline(0),7,4)

Is there any way around this problem?

Using MySpline(0).x is not an option, because I use the same macro to handle
floats and vectors, and I don't want my vectors to be converted to floats.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org