POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth at Dusk : Re: Earth at Dusk Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth at Dusk
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 2 Dec 2000 13:22:25
Message: <3a293de1@news.povray.org>
What date is it in your scene ???

You know that only two times in the year the night/day-line goes
the way you showed ...
Most time it is not orthogonal to your current view ...
I think it would look quite nice, if you would make the
night/day-line not that sharp and rotate it about 5-10 degrees
around z...

But of course, well done

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','

Josh English <eng### [at] spiritonecom> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
3A283113.D206431A@spiritone.com...
> This is a quick example of how I would blend the two images for
Earth,
> but it needs a lot of tweaking, the maps dont' line up exactly
and the
> terminus of the shadow is too strict, right now there's too
much
> contrast.
>
> Here is the snippet of relevant code:
> #declare day = texture {
>   pigment {image_map {png "earth-land.png" map_type 1
interpolate 2} }
>   finish { diffuse 0.3 brilliance 0.1 ambient 0}
>   rotate 90*y}
>
> #declare night = texture {
>   pigment {image_map {tga "earthnight.tga" map_type 1
interpolate 2} }

http://www.spiritone.com/~english/cyclopedia/