POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth at Dusk : Re: Earth at Dusk Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth at Dusk
From: Bob H
Date: 1 Dec 2000 23:38:24
Message: <3a287cc0$1@news.povray.org>
You might have to go with a sine_wave for the radial pattern instead or at
least blend at the start and end of the map as well as the middle.  Anyway, the
terminator (shadow line) region is awfully sharp in that.
I forget exactly how I did it but it also had a gradient masking texture for
the dark side so the daylight didn't have lights showing.  Wasn't a clean
attempt but it worked enough.

Bob