POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Awsome Rolex Earth (226Kb b/u) : Awsome Rolex Earth (226Kb b/u) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Awsome Rolex Earth (226Kb b/u)
From: Dave Cook
Date: 29 Nov 2000 18:18:23
Message: <3a258ebf@news.povray.org>
I enjoyed Jon Berndt's recent posting of the mosic of the earth at night
wrapped around a sphere, so I went off to see what else is new NASA and
GSFC. I stumbled across this image and, when I took a look a the 3Kx3K TIFF
version, I realized it might benefit a number of people who have been trying
to do accurate earth renderings. In particular, the atmospheric effects at
the edges of the earth are rather nicely done. This image is, as the
accompanying text on the Web site
http://rsd.gsfc.nasa.gov/rsd/bluemarble/index.html explains, a compilation
of satellite imagery and data. The large TIFF version is about 13Mb, but the
details are astounding.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'BlueMarble480x480.jpg' (227 KB)

Preview of image 'BlueMarble480x480.jpg'
BlueMarble480x480.jpg