POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Let's twist again [52K jpeg] : Re: Let's twist again [52K jpeg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let's twist again [52K jpeg]
From: Alf Peake
Date: 28 Nov 2000 18:55:20
Message: <3a2445e8@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote in message

> Maybe if you used sphere_sweeps instead of spheres/blobs you'd cut
the
> render time to a sane level *with* photons and shadows and aa and
all.
> Then again, maybe not :)

Hi Peter,

I don't know how to do a smooth colour change with s_sweeps, I don't
see any way to apply a pigment to each vector.
Also, I probably should have refered to my 2 posts "Glass blob in 56h"
and "...2h" on 24 Oct here in pbi. I calculated a new pigment for each
sphere and that's the problem area. I used a smooth run RYGCBMR.
Applying only a single texture at the end of the blob (or merge as I
used here) does reduce time of course.

Alf