POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Let me be one of the first... : Re: Let me be one of the first... Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let me be one of the first...
From: Bob H
Date: 27 Nov 2000 06:37:51
Message: <3a22478f$1@news.povray.org>
Very nice.  Frosted lens appearance and all, but the pine needles seem too sparse for
my taste in trees.  I
know, too much memory and parsing and such.

"Dave Cook" <nospam.davepc2@netdave.,com> wrote in message
> The glow lights can't be transformed yet
> (soon, I hope?), so I just put them into a cone shape coinciding with the
> tree's location.

I found that if you give the location a slight placement offset from <0,0,0> that
glows will transform if said
to later in their own statements.  Just that they can't start at zero otherwise
nothing happens.  Nor can they
be transformed externally despite a preset location, but then most of you know that.

>  Happy Holidays everyone!

Merry Christmas.  Too soon perhaps, but the tree looked festive enough to say that.

Bob