POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : RadAnim mpg (332Kbu) : Re: RadAnim mpg (332Kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RadAnim mpg (332Kbu)
From: Bob H
Date: 26 Nov 2000 06:16:43
Message: <3a20f11b$1@news.povray.org>
"Andy Cocker" <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote in message
> The area light starts high (y*15) and drops to y*9.
>
> The shadow has a wierd glitch under the table. At one point the edge
> suddenly becomes solid.

Well, not solid actually.  More like scrambled.  Freeze frame it at the problem point
and it shows.
What were the settings for the area light?  jitter used? adaptive?  I was surprised it
didn't look as though
the usual flying pixel effect from jitter was obvious, so I figured maybe it had a
large number of light
sources instead.

Bob