POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another iso-world (84KB) : Re: Another iso-world (84KB) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another iso-world (84KB)
From: =Bob=
Date: 25 Nov 2000 16:14:14
Message: <3a202ba6@news.povray.org>
Hi Chris,

Would using vturbulence after noise3d provide similar results?
=Bob=

"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
: In article <3A16FBD8.9AE30A41@hotmail.com>, Tor Olav Kristensen
: <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
:
: > Is there any way to control the parameters for noise3d ?
: > (E.g.: turbulence, frequency, lambda, omega, etc.)
:
: No, because those aren't parameters for noise3d(). :-)
: Warps and transformations only work on patterns, noise3d() is another
: way to access the function used to calculate the basic bozo(spotted,
: bumps) pattern. In patterns, additional calculations are done on the
: result of this function(to do waveforms, warps, etc...), but the
: function only takes a point vector.
:
:
: > Sometimes I use the bozo pattern instead of noise3d
: > because then I have more "control" over the pattern
: > (at least I like to think that I have).
:
: In that case, going through a pigment function probably is the only way.
:
: --
: Christopher James Huff
: Personal: chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/