POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in isosurface using pigment function? : Re: Bug in isosurface using pigment function? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in isosurface using pigment function?
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 24 Nov 2000 11:19:02
Message: <3a1e94f6@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote in message
<3A1E8FCA.A806F53B@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>...
> > I know this but unfortunatly in current (unoficial) state of pov
this is
> > only way to play with described week ago nonlinear transformations.
> > Everything is ok but normals.
>
> I don't think so, AFAIK, every surface could somehow be approximated
with
> a smooth isosurface function, although it can be quite complicated and
> agree that it would be nice to use an object pattern for this purpose.

I use this feature only to explore iso-functions possibilities of my
non-linear transformation. But if I want make usefull macro it should be
possible modify any object, not only described as functions. First one
is csg, second one is iso-non-linear-transformation, there is place for
third one but I'm working on it:
http://www.abx.art.pl/pov/nonlinear/twist.jpg

> But there is no point in pigment { checker color rgb 0 color rgb 1 }
where
> the value is 0.5 so there is also no equipotential surface for this
value.

hmmm

ABX at babilon at org