POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in isosurface using pigment function? : Re: Bug in isosurface using pigment function? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in isosurface using pigment function?
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 24 Nov 2000 08:20:42
Message: <3a1e6b2a@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote in message <3a1e53fd@news.povray.org>...
> I just can't get this to work. Accuracy, method and max_gradient (over
2000)
> have no effect at all. The artifact stays there.

I have noticed the same problem.
first I prepare CSG than I declare function{pigment{object{...}}} to
describe interior of it
and then I clone this as isosurface. Isosurface has artifacts even with
accuracy 0.00005.
I have calculated value (with eval) of max_gradient as 200000 but this
not help. I read somewhere that pigments has smaller precision than
coordinates and pervaps this is cause.
I have also noticed that there is no hilights on iso-cloned object which
appear in original csg.
This means that normals are completely wrong.

ABX