POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Crackle pigment in functions : Re: Crackle pigment in functions Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle pigment in functions
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 24 Nov 2000 02:27:25
Message: <3a1e185d@news.povray.org>

news:3A1D08D7.54E75832@enst.fr...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
> >
> "crackle solid" has an infinite max_gradient, and the higher the
> max_gradient, the slower the render. If you really need it to be
> "solid", you might want to specify max_gradient manually, rather than
> using eval (but of course, if you lower it too much artifacts may
> appear).

Thanks, renders in 3 min without eval, looks terrible though.

I'm trying for a rough crystal look and normal crackle isn't quite
what I'm looking for.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
* If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *