POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : parking garage radiosity, two views [~57K Jpg] : Re: parking garage radiosity, always_sample on [~19K Jpg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parking garage radiosity, always_sample on [~19K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 23 Nov 2000 08:28:45
Message: <3a1d1b8d@news.povray.org>
"gemelli david" <d.g### [at] xlstudiocom> wrote in message
> It looks great ! The top in the second view is excellent ! what is at the origin of
the rays ? lights ? sun ?

Hi again David.  I'd have to say radiosity settings are the cause, nothing else could
be.
It's awful really... the overly bright places at pillar joints, the lights don't have
correct "area"; but the
blotchiness helps texture the concrete.  There isn't any specular highlighting at all.

This is what I've been using:

global_settings {
assumed_gamma 2
max_trace_level 4
ambient_light <.9,.95,.99>*.0125
ini_option "+qr"
     radiosity {
       brightness 0.9
       count 123
       error_bound 0.15
       gray_threshold 0.1
       low_error_factor 0.4
       minimum_reuse 0.015
       nearest_count 3
       recursion_limit 1
always_sample off // on
pretrace_start .1
pretrace_end .01
     }
 }

This image attached here has always_sample on instead.  I don't think much change in
render time, unfortunately
I didn't keep statistics on the previous renders though.  This one (no AA) was about 3
minutes on a 500MHz
PIII.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pgr always_sample on.jpg' (14 KB)

Preview of image 'pgr always_sample on.jpg'
pgr always_sample on.jpg